I am a day late in doing this, as I expected to have no plans for new year’s eve, as per usual, but we ended up going out to dinner with my parents and then hanging out at their house for dessert, and by the time we got home, it was late, and I was tired, and it wasn’t even midnight yet. I am old. Here is last years list.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I ran my very first 5k and 10k!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year??
I am for sure in better shape now than I was at the start of 2012. All the running helped with that.
And I actually finished my 365 photo a day project thing. Which was fun, and I may do it again this year. We’ll see.
We never did take the weekend-y trips I wanted too, but we did go to CA so there was that.
And date nights? HAHAHAHAHA. We did go to a friend’s wedding though.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth??
We have a couple new baby cousins, but they are both on the other side of the country :( Too many people I know are having to turn to fertility treatments, so hopefully 2013 is their year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
We stayed stateside this year. I still have hopes of changing that sometime in the near future, but we will see what life hands us.
And we did manage to do a couple local things – a concert at West Point, and the Hot Air Balloon festival that happens around here every year and yet we had never been. As well as the usual apple picking and such.
Not as exciting as seeing Big Ben though….
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Not much. We have settled into a pretty good existence. A more positive attitude would probably do me good though.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don’t think there were any big dates this year. Since I can’t think of anything off the top of my head.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year??
Getting off my butt and running the 5k. And then deciding to run the 10k, and then signing up for a 1/2 marathon. They are things I have always wanted to do, but never did, because I was so afraid of coming in last.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I have gotten very lax with our money management. Not that we are suddenly up to our ears in debt or anything, but we spend too much money without really thinking about it. I hope to work on that this year. Until I have a Starbucks craving, and then it will probably go out the window. I am weak.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too awful. Just the usual. The Husband got the flu over Christmas, but I somehow both Three and I managed to escape it and he has recovered now ;)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone, which was one of Christmas gifts last year, but I didn’t get it until early January. It made the photo project super easy, as well has helped keep me motivated with my running. I love watching the miles add up in the Nike+ app.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgages, preschool/daycare, and improvements to the house. After that it would be travel. And then the 1,000 of things that suck your money away in every day suburban life. Its amazing how quickly it goes. Oh, and running. Who ever claims its a cheap sport has never seen me in a Lululemon store or with an Athleta catalogue.
13. What did you get really excited about?
California. Running. The minor improvements we have made to the house. We finally bought curtains in the last days of 2012. SO EXCITING. And fires in our fireplace.
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Call Me Maybe. Three is OBSESSED. He has terrible taste in music and it is all my fault.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:?
– happier or sadder? the same
– thinner or fatter? I would say the same, my clothes still fit, so we will go with that.
– richer or poorer? probably poorer. Being a slumlord has not gone well for us. We are no good at it, and it has cost us.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of??
Had more fun. I need to find a way to enjoy the early month of the year more. The short days, cold temps, and all the snow really make me miserable. I need to work on that.
And blogged more. Because its really the only record I have of certain things, and its fun to look back on a few years later, even if no one else gives a rats butt.
Kicked myself off the internet more. And spent more time with friends face to face instead of always chatting via text or facebook or twitter.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of??
See above. And stressed less. The running helps with that. All the endorphins and such.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
In our house! The husband was sick this time instead of me. But it was still lovely. Three got drums from Santa though, so it was def. not quiet!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Thanks to a cross over with Hawaii Five-0, The Husband and I discovered NCIS: LA this summer and went crazy watching the first three seasons in like 3 weeks in August. I have a G Callen obsession that rivals Three’s obsession with the USA swim team’s Call Me Maybe video.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I read a ton this year, but I don’t think there were many standouts in what I read. I really did enjoy Lone Survivor as I am becoming some crazy military book freak.
21. What was your favorite music from this year??
I listened to Adele’s 21 album more times than I can count, so I’ll go with that.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I loved Wreck it Ralph. Annnnnd I think that may be the only movie I saw this year in the theater.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33, and somehow ended up at the mall eating chinese food when I had planned on doing the exact opposite of that. The snowstorm we got the night of my birthday really messed up my plans. I did have a fabulous breakfast with my mom and Three at Starbucks that morning though. And my mom ended up making us Chicken soup for dinner and I still got to have cake, which is my favorite part of any birthday.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being less stressed.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
I wear hoodies or sweaters with jeans and my Uggs in the winter and swap them for tshirts and flip flops with jeans in the summer. Its been like that for years. I don’t see it changing.
26. What kept you sane?
Running. And my husband, when he wasn’t driving me crazy.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011?
In the end it is okay. But that hasn’t stopped me from stressing about everything and anything!
Leave a Reply